Tuesday 11 August 2020

Nightmare


 

Why do I wake up at night staring at the ceiling 

I’ve spent my whole life tryna run from that feeling

That feeling of being lonely, that feeling of being lost 

That feeling of being sick when the lights turn off


That feeling of being depressed, that feeling of being anxious 

That feeling of begging God to help me to take this, but only to get silence in return

I lay in that bed as I toss and I turn and I turn and I toss to this day

The doctors gave me medication, that pastor said pray

I tried both but this anxiety still hasn’t gone away


So forgive me if I fantasize about being gone today

I’m an actor who got really good at being on today 

But when I turn of I go right back into the shadows

I’m in deeper now but I started in the shallows

And I might just drown myself in these waves

I can’t see it yet but my smiles are my graves


Everyone is coping with something, but they won’t admit it, they’re just too afraid 

And these people are glued to watching me, what do I say?

If I’m honest with them, maybe they won’t think of me highly 

Everything they want me to be is what I’m dying to be

But everything I really am is what I’m trying not to be








0 comments:

Post a Comment